Small business owners usually have no major marketing budget. And the money you have, should you put them on the seller who is calling, internet, print media or elsewhere? An error location can break any smaller company. But you, there are ways to market on which is completely free, or at the very least.
It takes an investment of time, but you’re not fully up today, so it can be a great way to get new customers. We will list some common ways and some less common, even some on the verge of crazy marketing methods.
1. Find collaborations (works equally well offline) with other companies where you have the same customer group and complement each other without competing. Then tell customers about each other or agree on a kickback to those who refer customers to you. Have a lunch together to see what you can find more to help each other.
2. Become a fan on different Facebook pages and introduce your company to the other fans. Here you have our Facebook page where you would like to add a link to your website.
3. Announce a contest and find sponsors who pay the prizes.
4. Comment articles and blogs. Write good comments and questions to articles and blogs where you can link to your website. Do it seriously and do not mind spamming.
5. Work with search engine optimization by providing links to your website.
6. Join a forum where you can link to your website from your signature. There you can participate in the discussions and each time you post a post, you automatically get an inlink. It gives both traffic and linkage.
7. Guest blog of someone who has visitors with potential customers. Few bloggers and website owners thank no to posts that are well written and give something to readers. It can be really effective marketing where you can also request a link back to your website with a well-chosen keyword.
Contact us for a call to write.
8. Email marketing and newsletters are a very cost effective marketing, where it is also easy to measure results. Begin collecting email addresses on your website already today. Offer a Pdf with free tips or something else to get more subscribers.
9. Do a market research (works just as well offline) where you find out what the market, your visitors, and even current customers really want. This is not direct marketing but you get a good basis for making direct marketing or DM. It may also be that sometimes we think we know what the customers want without actually having a black on white. There, a market research can save a lot of money and time.
10. Add your website address in your email signature so that it is clearly visible. Every little helps…
11. Write a debate article and get it published on websites and in newspapers.
Keep in mind that a lot of traffic to your website may not necessarily mean many new customers. Bet on the marketing channels where your target audience is. There are Facebook groups, forums and blogs within all industries. If it is not, maybe it’s time for you to start one?
Tips on marketing offline
12. Send an advertisement where your colleagues pay the cost. Get a flyer and call other companies in your city and ask if they want to be on the mailing. You take care of it all and can therefore add your advertisement on the mailing at no cost.
13. Join a business network or go to a breakfast meeting in your place. Breakfast meetings for the town’s business owners are quite common, so check if there are you close by. Business networks can cost money but you can always go there and try to see if there is anything for you. Keep in mind that there is only one new exciting contact for positive things for you and your business.
14. Spread your business cards. Sure, it costs a little to print business cards but it’s usually a good investment. Have the habit of distributing them, because you never know who at a later date needs your skills or want to recommend you to anyone.
15. Contact current customers, request references and mention that they are welcome to recommend your company. Virtually all people are looking forward to this with joy! Or, in any case, have you put a seed that might mean that they may later on your services.
Do not miss: 20 ways to get more paying customers
16. Set up as a speaker at a corporate event or other event where your potential customers are located.
17. Contact a newspaper and have it write about you. Journalists are constantly looking for new things to write about and you can certainly find something that can be exciting for the magazine’s readers. Learn more about how to succeed in PR here.
Here are some bonus tips:
18. Take a high pressure wash and flush the asphalt or a suitable wall so that your company name or website is visible. It’s environmentally friendly, fun and eye-catching guild marketing.
19. Contact flight training and ask if you can hang such a pennant behind the plane. Get things better and more people. Keep in mind not to make the text too small
20. Get a durable, slightly bigger balloon and print your company name on it. Attach it to a rope and pour it into the air to make it look good. This is not free but it’s marketing that people definitely remember.
Now you’ve got some ways you can test. As usual, there are no shortcuts, nor in terms of marketing. Test yourself, measure your results and try new ways.